753 N. 155th Ave.
Omaha, NE. 68154
- Vantiv, LLC, Dallas, Texas (working remotely from Omaha, Nebraska)
- 2010 to present
- Web Designer
I provide web design services and graphics for various internal and external clients on multiple web sites.
- vip.vantiv.com (formerly www.tnbcard.com), a password secured client support web site. After the merger of Vantiv and TNB Card Services I updated the site to display our new corporate branding.
- www.gotomycard.com is a tool used by our financial institution clients to give their customers the ability to manage their credit card accounts. Credit union clients can have their portion of this web site customized with their corporate branding; my responsibility is to create style sheets for both mobile and desktop that add the client's brand elements to the layout so that each client's customer experiences the branding for that particular financial institution. This site will soon be responsive using Bootstrap framework.
- www.designitphotocard.com, a site that gives clients the ability to upload their own photos in order to customize their credit card plastic.
- Town North Bank, Dallas, Texas
- 2008 to 2010
- Web Designer
- www.tnbonline.com - Town North Bank had purchased a web site design from a third-party; I was hired as the bank's first official web designer in order to implement the new design, which included content regrouping and organization. As part of this effort, I also optimized all graphics used in the site. After the web site was taken to .Net, I learned how to use master pages for layout, and .Net controls for repeating navigation elements.
I created graphics for the web and a few for print, also Flash and GIF animations plus banner and tower ads for both marketing departments to support various marketing campaigns as they were requested. On occasion I updated the layout of an email template used regularly to send client information. I also acted as "best practices" web consultant for both bank and card services marketing departments.
- USA Mobility, Plano, Texas
- 1999 to 2008
- Web Designer
- NOTE: I started my web career with WebLink Wireless. Our web design team took the WLW web site in-house to give it a much better look and feel, and brought the underlying code up to the web standards common in the early 2000s. Corporate mergers between WebLink Wireless, Metrocall Inc. and Arch Wireless resulted in a new company, USA Mobility.
Updated multiple internal and one primary external web site (www.usamobility.com), updated or created graphics as needed, created Flash animations, created and validated web forms for email submission. Provided support for older PERL applications.
- Nortel Networks, Dallas, Texas
- 1983 to 1999
- Field Service Technician
Maintained and repaired proprietary super-mini computer systems and software that provided directory assistance services to Texas and the adjoining states for Southwestern Bell Telephone.
Skills required: Electronics knowledge, system troubleshooting, UNIX/AIX.
- United States Air Force, Bellevue, Nebraska
- 1979 to 1983
- Computer Technician
Provided mission support by maintaining national defense communications system computer system at the former SAC Headquarters. Honorably discharged.
Skills Required: Knowledge of D.C. circuits, high-reliability soldering, troubleshoot electronics to component level for computer systems and peripherals.